Affordability of care is within our reach at Newport Physical Therapy. We strive to provide everyone access to the quality orthopedic physical therapy care that they deserve. Through our extensive experience and relationships with insurance providers we have achieved preferred provider status for all major insurance companies, including: Aetna, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, Cigna, CorVel/CorCare, First Health/CCN/Coventry, Medicare, MultiPlan/BCE, PHCS, Tricare, United Healthcare, and Worker Compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Physical Therapy?
- Examining patients with impairments, functional limitations, and disability or other health related conditions to determine a diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention.
- Alleviating impairments and functional limitations by designing, implementing, and modifying therapeutic interventions.
- Preventing injury, impairments, functional limitations, and disability, including the promotion and maintenance of fitness, health, and quality of life in all age populations.
- Engaging in consultation, education, and research.
Is all Physical Therapy the same?
What makes NewSport Physical Therapy different from other Physical Therapy clinics in the area?
Do you take insurance?
How much will I have to pay for therapy?
What can I expect on during my first visit to NewSport Physical Therapy?
Do I need to bring a prescription to start Physical Therapy?
What should I wear to my first visit?
How long will my physical therapy sessions last?
Who will perform my physical therapy treatments?
What should I expect during my initial examination?
- Subjective Assessment. Your Physical Therapist will discuss your pertinent past medical history including diagnostic testing by your doctor, current and past symptoms, problems or chief complaints, current and past 30 day pain levels, review of medications, your aggravating and easing factors, your current functional deficits/status, and your expected goals following the completion.
- Objective Assessment. Your Physical Therapist will make observations and take measurements including:
- Range of motion: measure active and passive range of motion of applicable joints
- Strength testing: test for weakness and/or asymmetry of the appropriate muscle groups
- Neurological testing: reflexes, sensation, and strength testing may be used by your Physical Therapist to determine if your nerves are being affected or contributing to your symptoms
- Palpation of the affected area(s)
- Postural assessment: Position of joints and symmetry of your muscles
- Gait analysis, balance, and coordination testing (when appropriate)
- Functional testing (e.g. lifting, stair climbing, squatting, transitions)
- Special testing necessary to obtaining relevant objective information
- Skilled Assessment. Your Physical Therapist will discuss his/her findings and educate you using charts or models to help you understand the possible factors influencing or causing your symptom pattern.
- Plan. Your Physical Therapist will discuss his/her plan for treatment based on your goals. Additionally, he/she will discuss the how long and often you should expect to be in formal physical therapy to achieve the selected treatment goals.
Will I receive an individualized home exercise program?
Will I have to same Physical Therapist for each visit.
Still Have Questions?
Questions regarding medical coverage? Prior to your first visit, please call the number on the back of your insurance card. Should you have further questions, our front desk staff is happy to review your benefits with you before your first visit.
Have questions? Find answers to frequently asked questions. Still have questions? Our front desk is happy to assist you. Please call us at:
Corona Del Mar: (949) 675-2922 OR
Newport Beach: (949) 261-6101
“Two years ago I underwent hip replacement surgery, I was fortunate that a friend in the medical field highly recommended NewSport Physical Therapy. The attention to details…exercises, stretches and choices in footwear etc was A+. Two years later, I’m back for the second hip replacement. I will be forever grateful for the wonderful care I’ve received from Claudia and her NewSport TEAM…”
“I wish I could give 11 stars (spinal tap joke). I go to Newsport Therapy whenever I have a sports-related injury, and they help fix me (twice for back, both shoulders and my triceps). At one point in my life, I thought I could never surf or run again, and was selling all my surf boards. Now I surf every day, and run every day. I’ve worked a lot with Michelle and Hanna. Trust in Newsport!”
“I had a total hip replacement about a year ago. After the operation I had zero zero range of motion. After going to New-sport 10 different times, I was brand new. Beware, they make you work at getting better. You’ll be super happy with all the staff, and for sure the results.”